Thursday, April 16, 2015

Oh Pinterest How I love Thee ....

So if you haven't gotten on the Pinterest bandwagon you should! It's an amazing tool and site that allows you to "pin" anything you find online. This works as a great reference for those articles you find, ideas, vacation planning, holidays, home decorating ideas, and just about everything you can imagine! And my favorite use .... RECIPES! I'm not a big "paper" person. So it's great to have a place like this to store all my interests. It's like a place to "virtually hoard" ... lol. But no guilt! It can be a time suck unless used for "research" or "inspiration" as I like to call it. So be careful!




Basically you "follow" people (celebs, friends, strangers) and anything they pin shows up in your news feed. You can repin it to one of your boards, or scroll on by. I also subscribe to 2 magazines and if there is a recipe or article I want to keep, I Google it and pin it to the subject board of my choosing. That way I don't have to rip out the page and find a place to store it (likely to be forgotten). It's also great for meal planning. I have a "make this week board" that is very useful.


It's also important to download the "Pin it" button so you can pin something you find online randomly. The corresponding app is great too. Especially when you're in the grocery store and need to see one of the recipes you want to make (that you pinned) and need an ingredients list. Needless to say, I'm a big fan!

Feel free to check out my profile (and follow me if you'd like) here:  https://www.pinterest.com/smaymon/

Thanks for stopping by and here's to another step closer to a life in balance.

xo
Sloane


No comments:

Post a Comment