Friday, April 17, 2015

EZ Go To Weeknight Meal

I would presume in many households across the country finding a nutritious, easy, and satisfying meal that everyone enjoys is a challenge. Well it certainly is for mine. I do not mind modifying here and there (ketchup vs. mayo) but you'll see pigs fly before I make everyone their own unique meal every night. So when I find a recipe that the whole family enjoys, this little gem gets worked into the "rotation". Which is pretty much a 10 meal no fail schedule. Those ingredients are certainly on my grocery inventory spreadsheet without a doubt.

So over time I'll happily share those go-to recipes and hope one or two will work for your family. For today it's this meatloaf recipe.

The players:

1 lb ground beef
1 bag stuffing mix (Stove Top is fine)
1 cup water
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together and bake in a loaf pan (I use a slotted roasting pan so the grease drips down) at 350 for 45 minutes. It's moist, flavorful and filling! I will occasionally cook it with bacon strips on top. Another variation is ketchup mixed with brown sugar, and BBQ sauce is awesome too. Serve with starch and veggie of choice and enjoy! 

Spring sports are in full swing starting next week so easy weeknight meals that can be made ahead and everyone will eat are golden. Hope your family has a few of these kinds of meals too and that maybe this one becomes a "hit" for you. 

Thanks for stopping by and here's to another day closer to a life in balance. 
xo
Sloane


No comments:

Post a Comment