Monday, April 20, 2015

2 Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss

I'm going to eventually dedicate an entire blog post to my thoughts about weight loss. Tips, tricks, what has worked for me, and suggestions for what might work for you (if you're looking to lose or maintain weight). So be on the look out for that. I'll get into more details later, but in a nut shell I am passionate about my own health and wellness after having lost over 60 lbs personally. But until then I want to share 2 of my favorite go-to snacks that promote my health and fitness goals.


Snacking is a very important part of losing or maintaining weight. It helps fill the hunger gaps between meals (so we don't over eat later), keeps our metabolism pumping, and balances our moods. I often say "I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry". It's like invasion of the body snatchers when ones blood sugar drops ... adults and kids alike! So I make it a point to have a snack at least 2 hours after a meal (if not sooner) so my personality remains sparkling. Here are 2 of my favorites (again, I hate to play favorites with my snacks).

Carrot Cake Bites

The Players:

1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
1/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup chopped Almonds
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
1 pk of Stevia 
2-3 TBLS of Water

Measure and chop (with an electric chopper) the carrots and almonds. Add to a mixing bowl with rest of ingredients. 


Combine until well blended adding water as needed until consistency of chunky cookie dough. Using a cookie scoop (and wet hands) roll mixture into balls. Store in airtight container in fridge and enjoy 2 or 3 to curb that craving between meals or before/after a work out. I love these things! 



My second favorite go-to snack to enjoy between meals is:

 Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins


1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 ripe Bananas
2 eggs
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients and scoop into muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are slightly brown and toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy! 
I will occasionally use Truvia baking blend for my sweetener and cut the chocolate chips in half. Great for breakfast too! 

I have lots of other energy ball recipes and many other healthy snacks/foods that I like (and modify slightly) on my healthy living Pinterest page if you want to check it out. 

Thanks again for stopping by and here's to another day closer to a life in balance!
xo
Sloane







No comments:

Post a Comment